We’re always on the phone, emails and social media ready to take your questions, orders or offer advice and services whenever you need it.
8:30am - 7pm open 7 days a week, inc bank holidays.
If you have a issue with your order, then please call our customer service line on 0151 260 9900. Our team of dedicated professionals will be around to help you with any enquiries you may have. Our lines are open 8:30am – 7pm Monday to Sunday 364 days per year. If you are unable to resolve your query with our staff then our returns policy contains all the information you will need to return your delivery to us. You can find out returns policy here.
Title: What to Do When Your Card Doesn’t Work: A Quick Guide
Running into issues with your payment card can be frustrating, especially when you’re in the midst of making a purchase. Whether you’re at the checkout counter of your favorite store or trying to complete an online transaction, encountering a problem with your card can be inconvenient. This article aims to provide you with a step-by-step guide on what to do if your card doesn’t work and how you can still make a purchase through alternative means.
1. Check for Common Issues:
Before panicking, take a moment to assess the situation. There are several common reasons why your card might not be working:
– **Expired Card:** Check the expiration date on your card. If it has expired, you’ll need to contact your bank for a replacement.
– **Insufficient Funds:** Ensure that you have enough funds in your account to cover the transaction.
– **Incorrect PIN:** If you’re using a debit card and have entered the wrong PIN, the transaction may be declined.
– **Security Blocks:** Some banks have security measures that may block transactions if they appear suspicious. Contact your bank to verify and resolve any security blocks.
2. Contact Your Bank:
If you cannot identify the issue, the next step is to contact your bank or card issuer. Call the customer service number provided on the back of your card and explain the situation. They can provide information on why the card might not be working and offer a solution.
3. Consider Alternative Payment Methods:
If your card issues persist and you’re unable to resolve them immediately, consider using alternative payment methods. This could include:
– **Using a Different Card:** If you have multiple cards, try using a different one.
– **Mobile Wallets:** Services like Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay may offer a convenient alternative.
– **Bank Transfer:** Some transactions can be completed via bank transfer, especially for online purchases.
4. Ordering through Telesales
In cases where you believe your card should work, and there are sufficient funds, but you’re still encountering difficulties, consider reaching out to the telesales team. You can contact them at 0151 260 9900. Explain your situation, and they may be able to assist you in completing the purchase over the phone.
5. Follow Up with Your Bank
After the immediate issue is resolved, it’s advisable to follow up with your bank to ensure that there are no ongoing problems with your card. They can provide insights into any additional steps you need to take to prevent similar issues in the future.
Encountering problems with your payment card can be inconvenient, but by following these steps, you can troubleshoot the issue and find a resolution. Remember, if all else fails, the telesales team is available to assist you in completing your purchase over the phone at 0151 260 9900.
Hops and Barley aim to have your order with you as quickly as possible, but we recognise that we ship some pretty big items. As a result this can cause some deliveries to take a bit longer than standard, particularly in the case of kegs, some of which can way in excess of 70kg and therefore can not be shipped to you in the normal way. We will always endeavour to keep you apprised of your item’s shipping status but if you are having serious issues then our customer service team will be happy to help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us on 0151 260 9900